It’s time to catch up with friends to toast the new year against a spectacular sunset (we can call it New Year until at least mid-February right?) and capture a million pics of your bronzed and highlighted self.
Summer is for waterside dining, fun cocktails and frothy beers, and ice cream that dribbles down your hand…
The days might be warm and sunny… but the drinks and treats are icy-cold.
Cockle Bay Wharf has the got the perfect backdrop … and we're not just talking about the water. We’re giving you permission to bring out your inner big-kid! Sit yourself amongst the icy poles and capture your melting moment in their cool summer pop up (from Friday 20 January to Wednesday 22 February). It’s a great way to remember and share your sweet summer visit to Cockle Bay Wharf.
They've even got someone there to take your pics between 12 noon and 4pm each Saturday and Sunday.
Hand over your phone or camera and they'll capture your shot… no selfie stick required.
Tag your pic with #cbwmeltingmoment and #darlingharbour to share.
Did someone mention cocktails...?
Cockle Bay Wharf is Darling Harbour’s Home of Cocktails – no surprise with the best mixologists in seven venues, shaking and stirring sweet summer sips to quench even the most voracious thirst.
We suggest working your way through:*
- Café del Mar’s classic Lychee Martini - $20
- Blackbird Café’s Sweet Angel. It’s pretty, pink and includes hundreds and thousands - $18
- A Summer Fling from Nick’s Seafood – who doesn’t love rum, Malibu and pineapple? - $18
- An I’m Angus Blood Orange Margarita … because it’s not summer without tequila - $18
- The twist on a classic – a Raspberry Moscow Mule from Adria Bar Restaurant - $18
- The summer flavours of Baia’s Cocco Bay with coconut, pineapple and rum - $21
- A Watermelon Delight of vodka and watermelon syrup from Pontoon Bar - $19.50
*Responsibly and over a few visits of course! Available from Friday 20 January to Wednesday 22 February.
And if booze-free is part of your 2023 resolution list, we suggest you get into Love Bomb Candy and treat yo’self to the appropriately named Choco Crazy Shake.
Why crazy? ‘Cause it’s got three scoops of chocolate fudge gelato and milk* AND is topped with a chocolate mars bar donut, whipped cream, sprinkled with flake and drizzled with Belgian chocolate.
A sugar high is almost guaranteed!
Australia Day at Cockle Bay Wharf
Enjoy a fun activity at Darling Harbour and a delicious feast of Aussie produce in the sunshine at your favourite Cockle Bay Wharf venue. If you want to extend the festivities, dance until the AM at the afterparty complete with international and local DJ talent. Many Cockle Bay Wharf venues will be open for your gatherings on the public holiday.