Mindful Tea Ceremony: Reconnect and Learn to Drink Tea
The Chinese Garden of Friendship invites you to let go of your mind and open your heart to find peace, connection and clarity during their Mindful Tea Ceremony event on Sunday 24 September.
Tea ceremony is where you slow down and reconnect with your inner self. It’s a practice in patience and appreciation for the simple things in life. Let go of your mind and open up your heart to find peace, connection and tranquillity
This 60-minute workshop will take you through the practice of traditional tea ceremony using a Gongfu set—a way of preparing, serving and appreciating tea that has been used in China for more than a millennia. You will also get the chance to drink a variety of exotic high altitude grown teas and learn about the intricacies of how they can help your mind, body and soul.
The experience includes:
- A traditional 21 step tea ceremony using a Gongfu set
- Sampling of 3 rare and exotic teas, as well as tips on how to drink tea mindfully
- A sound bath meditation using crystal singing bowl\
- Learn about the wisdom and philosophy behind each purposeful and measured movement
- Learn how to appreciate taste and aroma through tea cupping, the origins of each tea, and about cold brew
- $38 for general public ($26 class fee and $12 Garden entry). Make the most of your Sunday and explore the Chinese Garden while you’re here. Feed the magnificent koi fish or join one of our daily tours.
- $18 for Friends of the Garden Members
Classes are limited to a maximum group size of 15 persons. Bookings are essential.