We want to reassure you that the team at Darling Harbour have been vigilant in monitoring the situation and share how we are proactively implementing measures to ensure the health, safety and wellbeing of all customers, retailers, staff and local community.
A focus on cleanliness and hygiene practices
We have high standards of rigorous cleaning and hygiene through our shopping and dining precincts and have recently increased our vigilance of cleaning in frequently used touch points.
We are working closely with our retailer partners to ensure they follow the same levels of cleanliness and hygiene.
As per the guidance of the Department of Health, we encourage all customers to maintain good personal hygiene practices including washing your hands often with soap and water or with an alcohol-based hand sanitiser, covering your mouth while coughing and sneezing, and keeping your hands away from your eyes, nose and mouth to prevent germs from spreading. If you are unwell, stay home and seek medical attention immediately if you are showing any of the viral symptoms.
As of 29 March 2021, restrictions on the following have been updated:
- Entertainment facilities and major recreation facilities (indoor and outdoor): These venues can have a maximum of the greater of one person per 2 square metres of space or 100% fixed seated capacity (and 1 person per 2 square metres in any unfixed seating area outdoors). The occupier of the premises must have and comply with the relevant COVID-19 Safety Plan.
- Significant events: There are no caps on weddings or funerals or gatherings after a wedding or a funeral but venues must comply with the 2 square metre rule. The responsible person must have and comply with the relevant COVID-19 Safety Plan.
- Singing and dancing: There are no restrictions on singing, including at places of worship. There are no restrictions on dancing, including at weddings and in pubs and nightclubs
- Non-controlled outdoor public gatherings (up to 200): These events are restricted to 200 people (unless the gathering is a COVID-19 safe outdoor gathering with a COVID-19 Safety Plan.
- COVID-19 safe outdoor gathering (up to 5,000): These events can have the lesser of 1 person per 2 square metres of space or 5,000 persons and do not need to be seated or enclosed by fencing. The organiser must have and comply with the relevant COVID-19 Safety Plan.
- Controlled outdoor public gatherings (up to 10,000): A ticketed and seated COVID-19 safe outdoor gathering that does not last longer than 5 hours can have the maximum of the lesser of 1 person per 2 square metres of space or 10,000 persons. The event must be enclosed by fencing or another barrier. The organiser must have and comply with the relevant COVID-19 Safety Plan.
We ask you to please have patience and cooperate with directives when visiting our retailers in Darling Harbour.
Further updates on the current Public Health Order can be found on the NSW Health website.
For additional information please visit health.nsw.gov.au.