We want to reassure you that the team at Darling Harbour have been vigilant in monitoring the situation and share how we are proactively implementing measures to ensure the health, safety and wellbeing of all customers, retailers, staff and local community.
Following updated health advice from NSW Health on 14 August (5pm) the following will take effect:
- everyone must stay at home unless they have a reasonable excuse to leave, and you cannot have visitors in your home from outside your household.
- You can visit another household only to provide care, for compassionate reasons, or where two people are in a relationship but do not live together.
- All hospitality venues—including pubs, cafes, and restaurants—can only do takeaway.
- Anyone who leaves their home must carry a mask with them at all times, and they must be worn when in an indoor venue.
- Masks must also be worn when working outdoors, when in outdoor markets, outdoor shopping strips, and in outdoor queues waiting for coffee and food.
- Every employer across NSW must require their employees to work from home unless they cannot do so.
We recommend checking the nsw.gov.au/covid-19 website before planning to visit Darling Harbour to be across the most current NSW Government advice.
Closure of activities
As a result of the restrictions put in place, the following activities in Darling Harbour have been closed until further notice:
- Darling Harbour Ferris Wheel
- Chinese Garden of Friendship
We thank you for your continued support.
A focus on cleanliness and hygiene practices
We have high standards of rigorous cleaning and hygiene through our shopping and dining precincts and have recently increased our vigilance of cleaning in frequently used touch points.
We are working closely with our retailer partners to ensure they follow the same levels of cleanliness and hygiene.
As per the guidance of NSW Health, we encourage all customers to maintain good personal hygiene practices including washing your hands often with soap and water or with an alcohol-based hand sanitiser, covering your mouth while coughing and sneezing, and keeping your hands away from your eyes, nose and mouth to prevent germs from spreading. If you are unwell, stay home and seek medical attention immediately if you are showing any of the viral symptoms.