Pancakes on The Rocks - Harbourside
Pancakes are one of the most delicious all-time foods, no question. Taste Sydney’s best stacks and a full menu of breakfast, lunch & dinner classics at Pancakes on The Rocks.
There are few things more comforting and moreish than a generous stack of warm, fluffy pancakes slathered in maple syrup and dripping with melted butter. You’ll get all that and more at the Pancakes on The Rocks restaurant in Darling Harbour.
A visit to this iconic pancake joint is one of the best things to do with kids in Sydney - guaranteed to keep even the pickiest little eaters happy. And if you don’t feel like pancakes? The menu also includes everything from gourmet pizza and breakfast meals to hearty Aussie classics like fish and chips and chicken schnitty.
One of the best things to do in Sydney with kids
Pancakes on The Rocks Darling Harbour is one of Sydney’s most iconic family restaurants and with good reason. The Pancakes here are cooked to light, fluffy perfection and come with dozens of delectable toppings, sauces and accompaniments.
If you’re in the mood for something mouthwatering, order off the Famous Pancakes section of the menu. It’s stacked with incredible dessert pancakes including one covered in generous lashings of warm chocolate and peanut butter, and another served with stewed apple and baked apple crumble crumbs.
Incredible as the above stacks are, we can’t go past the buttermilk pancakes doused in Nutella and topped with cream, ice cream and roasted hazelnuts. Anyone hungry?
Introducing Sydney’s best pancakes
The first Pancakes on The Rocks opened in 1975 on Hickson Road at The Rocks, Sydney. The idea came when a bunch of intrepid Aussies ate at diners across the USA and noticed the popularity of pancakes on their menus.
Today the restaurant promises welcoming service, a friendly family atmosphere and a diverse menu that has something for everyone. The restaurant is fully licensed, serving a range of wines, cocktails and spirits and they do takeaway if you fancy a night on the couch.
If you’re wondering what to do in Sydney with the kids in tow, a visit to this family friendly restaurant should certainly be on your list!
The moreish menu at Pancakes on The Rocks
Looking for something to do in Sydney this weekend? A stacked, savoury and sweet feast at Pancake on The Rocks Darling Harbour is hard to beat. Make a day of it by visiting some of Darling Harbour’s top attractions before topping it off with a delicious meal. It’s simply a must do in Sydney!
And if you don’t feel like dessert pancakes there are countless other options on the menu here too. The extended Pancakes on The Rocks Darling Harbour menu includes:
- Breakfast pancakes with sides like buttery scrambled eggs, crispy hashbrowns, grilled pineapple and bacon. Served all day long.
- Starters and salads like crunchy garlic and herb pizza crusts and a proper chicken caesar salad.
- Gourmet pizza covered in melted cheese including toppings like Italian salami, chicken and bacon and smoked ham.
- Plates from the grill including a full stack of BBQ pork ribs, American style beef brisket, a crispy chicken schnitzel and a classic fish and chips.
- Savoury crepes and pancakes like the weird but wonderful thai chicken crepe, and a Mexican inspired crepe with spicy tomato and guacamole.
- Kids meals starting at just $3.50 including a kid’s fish and chips, a funny face pancake, a yummy cheeseburger and dinosaur chicken nuggets.
Here’s a pro tip: if your little one’s birthday is coming up join the Pancakes on The Rocks Darling Harbour Birthday club and you’ll get 20% off your meal.*
Getting to Pancakes on The Rocks - Harbourside
Pancakes on The Rocks - Harbourside is located in shop 230 within the Harbourside Shopping Centre, Darling Harbour. It’s easy to get here no matter where you’re coming from and whether you’re travelling by car, foot or public transport:
- Driving: there is a Wilson Parking station, just a quick walk to Pancakes on The Rocks Darling Harbour at 100 Murray Street.
- Light rail: the Convention Centre stop is just a couple of minutes walk from the restaurant.
- Train: the Town Hall station stop is a short 10 minute walk from Pancakes on The Rocks.
- Ferry: ferries leave to Darling Harbour every five minutes. The terminal is just a few minute’s walk to Pancakes on The Rocks.
Pancakes on The Rocks is one of the best places to visit in Sydney, especially if you’re with the kids. Drop in soon and bring your appetite!
*If you dine within seven days of the birthday. Up to a maximum of $25 off.